Saturday, June 6, 2009

A new facet of life's aches and pains

I continue to learn so much - thank you to all of you who share the journey with me. Over this past week I've been searching for Freedom. Hope. And a deeper understanding of who exactly is this God person in my life?! Judge. Guilt giver. Lover of my soul (what is that actually supposed to mean?) Or wellspring of hope and complete acceptance.

I am learning that as God should be, he is complex and beautiful and terrible. I should hope so! If I could understand him then my faith would be in someone no better than myself and I would be serving a mere human thinking they were capable of being an all-powerful being who could save me from pain, fear, regret, and give me what I long for. At least he's bigger than that. In that, there is much hope!

So live's aches and pains this week came in attempting to clean up my eating - yet again and succeeding and failing - yet again. I know it's like being on the same old merrie-go-round but my hope is that one day I'll get off and walk in a new way of life forever.

Derek and I are spending intimate moments together with each other (this is not going to get x-rated don't worry!) and God each morning. It's become a beautiful practice and one that I wish each and every one of you can have with a loved one or a spouse!

This week as I was trying to learn to give up my desire to have what I want when I want it Derek read these words: "What we failed to understand was that a life incapable of significant sacrifice is a life incapable of courageous action." - Urban T. Holmes III

Goodness knows I want to have a life of meaning and fulfillment and to express the courageous action that lies within me to give the world. I just didn't know that sacrifice could be a part of that puzzle piece.


So here's to understanding more about sacrifice - purposefully chosen - and intentional - as a new facet of life's aches and pains that bring us to a greater understanding of who we are meant to be so we can become.

Thanks for listening.

Warmest Regards,
Cicilia

1 comment:

Jinny said...

Sacrifice is hard isn't it. That is a great quote.