Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Blah Days of learning you want to have a pity party

So, blah...that's how I feel today. BLAH. I've been sitting around, watching semi-poser inteligent TV pretending to work on accounting for our small business (I was a little productive) thinking about making cookies and trying to menu plan my new diet from my new personal trainer.

Derek said yesterday I must be feeling sorry for myself. Yup. Pretty acurate. I don't have any idea why. Things have been overwhelming lately. I'm homesick. Wish I didn't have to work for a living (spoiled, I know). My friend died of cancer. My sister is cancer free - thank the Lord God Almighty! I'm playing catch up at work. AND the weather is terrible - yes it went from summer to winter overnight. Yuck! I'm a little depressed because of all of it. I've had a stomach flu thing this week. Ugh. Mostly my life is terrific with many blessings, but the "wonder" this week has me "wondering" how I got off track.

Two weeks ago I forgave every single person who ever hurt me in my life. I have never felt so clean and new in my entire life. This week it is time to make ammends. I'm a little daunted I think. Scared really. So, I ran back to my old pal "food" for some "false safety" and well it's not working because it isn't something that has the power to make my life wonderful.

So, here is to being honest, learning to walk in the truth and the light, taking a good hard look inside, and loving who God made me to be. I think I'll pass on making the cookies and take a nap and get ready to go out and see my FS gals tonight.

Thanks for checking in.

Warmly,
Cicilia

4 comments:

Tarasview said...

ah we all feel that way sometimes :)

Christa said...

I'm so proud of you! Way to not make those cookies! You're amazing and I love seeing you grow more and more every time I see you. Thank you for your honesty. You are beautiful.

Jinny said...

Again, so very proud of you. :) It takes great strength to give up making cookies.
Love you.

Amy & Jared said...

Thanks for your honesty... i read your blog but never comment but today i felt the need to say i think i understand and appreciate you being able to blog about it and be really! We think of you often but are horrible at staying in touch! Love Amy (and Jared and the boy child)